Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Water shoes

We are heading to Blue Bay Villas, will we need our water shoes?

IMHO no…nice sand in the area…there is some corral when you’re looking at the water to the left infront of the Gran Ventana. Other than that… all sand

If you are looking to snorkel on the reef then YES. From experience those sea urchins hurt like hell!!!

When you’re snorkeling you’re not supposed to put your feet down. The spine of a black sea urchin will go through a water shoe or swim fin like it’s not even there. I’ve snorkeled in areas where you would be fined if you touched or put your foot down and broke/damaged any coral. Trunk Bay, St Johns, USVI leaps immediately to mind.

When you’re snorkeling you’re not supposed to put your feet down. The spine of a black sea urchin will go through a water shoe or swim fin like it’s not even there. I’ve snorkeled in areas where you would be fined if you touched or put your foot down and broke/damaged any coral. Trunk Bay, St Johns, USVI leaps immediately to mind.[/quote]

Well excuse me for not being an expert snorkeller (sp?) Just trying to give a little bit of advise ::slight_smile:
Note to self keep mouth shut in future :-X

For swimming, the beach is very nice in front of the Casa Colonial (white umbrellas) and it’s right on the left hand side of Blue Bay. We always sit close to the edge of BB so we’re very close to Casa Colonial beach. If you want to swim right in front of the beach bar, it’s still nice.
You don’t need water shoes to walk the beach, very nice sand. :smiley:

Don’t know about the beach but if you are going to try the 27 waterfalls tour (Highly Recommended!!) you might want to bring along your own water shoes. They provide them at the falls but not very good ones.

Don’t know about the beach but if you are going to try the 27 waterfalls tour (Highly Recommended!!) you might want to bring along your own water shoes. They provide them at the falls but not very good ones.