Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Watermark

Some of the underwater photos posted on the forum are very good. I know this forum is not super busy and everyone here is well mannered ::). HOWEVER, anyone posting great photos that they care about should have watermarks on them. It is so easy to steal photos off a forum like this and sell them (even at internet rez). It would be a shame to see someone here get hurt when they are helping others.
Thought you should know.

I saw a graduation photo a few months back that someone had stolen and photoshopped. There’s no end to the abilities some have who are intent on stealing.

Placemats! Ever wonder how placemat companies manage to hire such great, non-credited, photographers?
Thanks dax.

Good advice chaps… ;D ;D

[quote=@dax]Some of the underwater photos posted on the forum are very good. I know this forum is not super busy and everyone here is well mannered ::). HOWEVER, anyone posting great photos that they care about should have watermarks on them. It is so easy to steal photos off a forum like this and sell them (even at internet rez). It would be a shame to see someone here get hurt when they are helping others.
Thought you should know.

I saw a graduation photo a few months back that someone had stolen and photoshopped. There’s no end to the abilities some have who are intent on stealing.[/quote]

I know exactly what you mean Dax!

I was a “victim” of internet photo theft several years ago which is why I don’t post photos openly any more, even with a watermark.

In our case, many of the underwater photos we take are used by ourselves for our own professional purposes and after our bad experience of stolen images, my husband put his foot down- no more posting of our images. Even watermarked photos can be photoshop altered to remove the watermark!

While we forum members trust one another to give credit where credit is due, there are probably 10 or more lurkers for every member who have absolutely no respect for someones intellectual property. Unfortunately, many people feel that if you’ve posted a photo on the internet, it’s open for grabs to anyone who wants to use it, no permission required.

Maybe when we retire, I’ll open up our underwater photo albums and videos but in the meantime, I need complete control over them. Some of my income depends on it!