Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

We booked!

Very excited. First time we have booked SO close to leaving. Our flight is December 29th, and we are returning to Riu Bachata in POP. Did I say we were excited?

We’ve been putting off booking - party because I had applied for a new job/promotion which I just found out I got!!

We have decided to surprise our son this time - we will tell him on Christmas morning that we are leaving in 4 days.

Best of all - the price is cheapest we have paid in years, and we usually travel late March.

Did I say we were excited??? Thanks for listening!

Have a great trip and celebrate your new promotion with many Presidentes!!

We stayed at the Riu Mambo last January and really enjoyed it there.It is a very nice complex to go to as you can travel through the 3 resorts.Have a great time and congrats on your promotion.

We were also there last January for two weeks…have an awesome time…I am sure you will too…

Say hello to TITO the head bartender, at the poolside bar … he is such a wonderful guy… Makes you feel like family…

Also, enjoy the night shows, the magic show and the MJ show are the two that you shouldnt miss…

Congrats on the Promotion…and congrats on booking your holiday!!! After the storm we’re supposed to get overnight, you’ll be counting the minutes to take off!!!

Sounds like you are exited!!

Congrats on the promotion, that is a cool xmas present ….

We did that for 3 boys at xmas once- when they opened their gifts (which was their suitcases packed with all their close) we left that day on dec 25, they were so exited they turned in circles till we left @ 5 that night trying to get ready.

If you have to keep it that secret for that long it will be an amazing gift to never forget.

[quote=@d3ratch]We did that for 3 boys at xmas once- when they opened their gifts (which was their suitcases packed with all their close) we left that day on dec 25, they were so exited they turned in circles till we left @ 5 that night trying to get ready.
If you have to keep it that secret for that long it will be an amazing gift to never forget.
[/quote]

WOW!!!

I don’t know if I could keep a straight face that long… Kids must have been blown away… I know I would be if I ever got that for Xmas…or any other time for that matter…

WANNA ADOPT ME!!!

[quote=@ontariobowhunter]
WANNA ADOPT ME!!![/quote]

Sure i’ll adopt you… but you have to pay your own trip… hehehe

Actually the trip was planned 1 year in advance it was the longest secret I ever keep in my life - but well worth it. :stuck_out_tongue:

Was funny cause the eldest checked the dates on the tickets right away b/c they though it was for spring break… nooo we left that day!!

Hope zachsmom can keep it a secret…

What a great idea! I’m going to wrap up a packed suitcase for our son to open Christmas morning. Thanks for the tip.

I’m already finding it hard to keep this secret.

A secret well worth keeping… plus you will have 4 days to savor the excitement with your son and prepare for your trip.

Good luck keeping the secret Zachsmom. I tried to keep our March Break trip a secret till Christmas…needless to say it never happened. I think when my 13 year old son said he wanted a flat screen tv I lost it…told him my suprise and that if he finds a money tree somewhere in the snowy backyard he had better let me to it first!!!
It will be all worth it in the end for sure!! It sure looks like Christmas this morning in Ottawa. Not too cold, but so very pretty!! If winter stays like this it will be OK.

awww i kept the secret… plus their life styles never changed.

Big chanlenge ;D