Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Weather in DR just now

I’ve just looked at the weather conditions in Punta Cana for this week, is it really raining that much. We are due to be there in 10 days and I am worried, we need some sun. :frowning:

Don’t worry, there will be plenty of sun:)

But does it really rain that much?

My friend is there right now. She e-mailed yesterday and today and has been reporting clear and sunny skies. :sunglasses:

In my experience the rain in DR is insignificant in this time of the year (talking La Romana and Punta Cana area).
Almost each holiday was some rain, but nothing to worry about.

We leave on Tuesday and I’m not worried. Nor am I looking at the unreliable forecast …

are ya talking about right now???
or about the time since the new year started???
i can assure ya that in the young year 2009 i did not face any drop of rain on the windshield of my car or my computer based under the stars out on the veranda or such.
we are actually still under very low winds, very calm sea conditions, clouds are nearly not existent, but hey, please bring your best sunblocker!!, ha ha.
actually the weather is much smoother and calmer than expected for early january.
around jan 14th/15th ahead i expect the surf/also the offshore Sea to be higher than it is now due to a front moving in very slow from the east, but actually that neither does ;look like “bad weather”, just less calm than we are right now. and right now we are on perfect calm conditions.
bring that sunblocker and have a blast on the Isle
Mike

[quote=@mikefisher]are ya talking about right now???
i can assure ya that in the young year 2009 i did not face any drop of rain on the windshield of my car or my computer based under the stars out on the veranda or such.[/quote]
It’s great to hear the weather has improved. When we were there Dec. 21-28, it was extremely windy and we had more clouds and rain than ever before.

Just came last night from there :frowning: .
We had a wonderful week, with a great weather. It was raining twice, just during night time, and one day ( I think second) was more cloudy, but still very nice outside and actually was welcomed by our skin (still white at that time)

Enjoy your staying there :sunglasses: , sometimes TheWeatherNetwoork sucks!

Drink a Pinacolada for us!

DS

[quote=@meandfamily][quote=@mikefisher]are ya talking about right now???
i can assure ya that in the young year 2009 i did not face any drop of rain on the windshield of my car or my computer based under the stars out on the veranda or such.[/quote]
It’s great to hear the weather has improved. When we were there Dec. 21-28, it was extremely windy and we had more clouds and rain than ever before.[/quote]

yeap,
that’s the usual x-mas week weather.
we have that several times(not every day, but much more often than during the rest of the year) in november, december and also january, even that january calls me til today stil a lier, and i take that hit with a smile. we are still on beautiful weather conditions, last night the wind came up a bit more, provided 8 knots constantly from the east during today, far offshore winds are on 10knots, Sea runs just around 5ft. this very early morning we had some clouds around, even that it stayed dry here in cabeza de toro i would assume that on some spots a short shower may have been present early morning, the rst of the day been pure sunshine with comfortable Tanning conditions.
i await the wind to go on a constant 10 knots from tonight on, offshore will be a 12knots, Sea will raise during the next 24hrs on a 5-8ft, the usual january weather conditions. as long as it blows straight from the east it will all be fine. we are on the full moon phase, tidal changes are very active actually, i expect the surfs to come up a bit around mid week ahead, hopefully not with more increasing winds.
very most times of the days will stay just on sunshinetime.
happy travel
Mike