Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Weather in october

Hello,

In another 14 days i will fly all alone to Dm for my first holiday there.
Can anyone give me a bit of an idea what to exspect weather wise in October? Does it rain all day for days or is there a lot of sun between the showers?

Cant wait to go, hope that the resort is safe as i am a woman travelling alone (i will stay at the Majestic colonial).
I hope that there is organised beached volleyball as i would love to play

We went to Punta Cana last October, and had rain every day. It was the edge of Tropical Storm Stan. Rained like a monsoon. I got a sunburn, even though it was totally overcast one day. The sun did come out from time to time.

That was last year. From what I have heard, this year is much better, since there are less storms, but the chance of rain is likely each day. Even if it does rain, you can swim, or walk around in your bathing suit.

[quote author=fire board=general thread=1159966400 post=1159966400]Hello,

In another 14 days i will fly all alone to Dm for my first holiday there.
Can anyone give me a bit of an idea what to exspect weather wise in October? Does it rain all day for days or is there a lot of sun between the showers?

Cant wait to go, hope that the resort is safe as i am a woman travelling alone (i will stay at the Majestic colonial).
I hope that there is organised beached volleyball as i would love to play
[/quote]
If anyone ever finds a reliable website for weather anywhere in the DR - then maybe I’ll pay attention to weather questions and concerns - until then the weather is way off my radar but FWIW it’s usually hot and mostly sunny.

The resort is very safe - tell Majestic Mike (Director of Guest Services) to look after you.

Beach volleyball is on the beach to the right facing the water.

Gregg

Thanks for your reply. Rain rain rain does not sound to good as i am hoping to see the sun. last year i was in Cuba during Rita and i had a bit of rain but only heavy shouwers and still quite a bit of sun.
I’ll keep my vingers crossed.
thanx!

The DR needs some rain right now.
It has been hot and dry for over a month with extremely little rain.
There could be some serious water shortages very soon.
The waterfalls tour has been closed.
Unfortunate for them but good for us that it seems this trend is continuing.

We have usually gone the last week or October/ first week of November.
Only once was the weather really lousy ( 2 years ago)…
not bad odds…seeing as we have been 14 times…
there may be the occasional shower…but it is quickly over with…
and I have found that most of the rain is at night anyways…
Have a great vacation!

Thanks Malibook and Kaos!
I am from the windy and fresh netherlands so i am so looking foreward to warth of the sun on my skin.
Thanks guys (grils i should say)