Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Weather: Say it ain't so!

Going to Varadero for a week on Feb 28th and this morning checked the weather…SAY IT AIN’T SO!

OH NO, MR. BILL!!! :o :’( :o :’(

We’re leaving on the 27th to Holguin and it also looks like only the first 2 or 3 days will be warm. :frowning: :frowning: :’(

:frowning: Yeah. I mean we’re used to 22C temps here as being an “average” summer day, but geez Louise, does it have to be THAT week? March break means lots of otherwise happy campers filling up Cuban AIs.

I’m just thinking back to same dates in 2010 when we spent most of our days huddled together (fully dressed) around the pool… which was empty because the water was freezing… ::slight_smile:

Looks like we’ll be doing the excursions rather than chill (in the good sense of the word) on the beach. Dang.

Read reviews at TA a lot of rain in Holguin area in December and January. We had 4 days of rain at PP, Holguin Dec. 2012.

We can hope that the weather forecast is wrong but I’m packing a couple of long sleeved shirts and some extra books.

[quote=@zendudette]Going to Varadero for a week on Feb 28th and this morning checked the weather…SAY IT AIN’T SO!

OH NO, MR. BILL!!! :o :’( :o :’([/quote]

Weather can change so quickly for the Better Mrs Z. Stay positive… praying that the south winds prevail for you in Varadero. Bonne vacances! :slight_smile:

My nephew and his wife just returned from Varadero - said the last 3 days of their trip was cold - 10 degrees at night and highs of 17 & 18 - they said there was no one in the ocean or the pool and everyone was wearing sweaters all day!! :frowning:

Wow, I mean that’s nicer than here…lol, but I would be disappointed as well. While I know I cannot control the weather, I defn look forward to heat and sun when I go south.

Seems to me this happened a few winters ago, especially for the folks that visited Varadero. It was quite cool, sweaters etc.

Weather can change easily this time, of year so I hope it turns out well for everyone!

Holguin area is generally warmer than Varadero…the only times I have been cold in Cuba has been in Varadero and Jibacoa but never in Holguin (Guardalavaca area).

Perhaps more luck than statistically true. The hottest holiday I ever had was in Guadalavaca too but that was more luck also. So hot we were mapping out the best shaded route back to the room to keep out of the sun.

The southern spots in the Caribbean Sea are warmer too. Cayo Largo has been nice to us.
I’m thinking, sea temps 5 degrees F warmer than the Atlantic side?.

We had 31 C everyday Feb 8 to 15
Perfect temps to trim the rum trees and NCAM !

That’s what I mean, VCC, you’d think the temps would continue to rise but nooooooooooooooo, Mr. Bill >:(

We’re all puttin’ up a good front, crossing fingers and toes, prayin’ to every saint in the book, and my little Buddha statue on my desk is starting to give me “the look” lol :stuck_out_tongue:

We won’t be getting another chance until next year, so I’ll be darned if I don’t get the most of this coming week. Even bringing an extra volleyball and frizbee and extra $ for excursions and Habana.

Waiter, champagne! Bling it on! :sunglasses:

I know VCC. Wasn’t it great? Best weather ever for Cuba…January, February or early March.
Kept having to pinch myself to see if it wasn’t all a dream lol.

We leave for Varadero March 1st, out of Moncton. I, too, have been checking the forecasts regularly on just about every site I could. The bad news is that March 2nd looks like a wet damp day. The better news is that it improves after that. The forecasts vary from site to site, but all are consistent about the 2nd. The third will be cool, and then temperatures recover. Kind of sucks, if like me, you’re hoping to spend your time in the heat by the ocean, but those may be good days to visit the town and see the sites. :sunglasses: ;D :sunglasses:

We return the same time, each year (1st two weeks of Feb), and the past number of years (Breezes Jibacoa) have been much warmer than some years. In fact, on our recent stay, it was stinking hot and, for the first time, very humid. It gave us a taste of what it must be like during Spring and summer with humidity. Loved the heat, hated the humidity. My friend and I would do our morning walk at 7:30 and, by the time we got back to the resort, we were dripping wet :stuck_out_tongue: Even at night it was very warm and sleeves were not required. When it comes to weather, be prepared for anything and hope for the best. (ooops, guess it time to change my ticker ;D)

Hey Shadow2, the rest of our gang (over 15 people) will be coming in from Moncton late evening March 1rst on Sunwing. Have a safe flight ;D

Hey zendudette, I better have a safe flight. I think it’s the same flight you’re on, Sunwing at 5:55 pm. Maybe you can do some zen meditiation and zen the nasty weather away. I guess it’s gonna be hot, hot, hot, sort of! :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: ::slight_smile: ??? >:( :sunglasses: ;D :sunglasses:

Actually my flight’s out of Québec City Thurs 5 p.m. You guys come in the next day. I’ll try to leave you some mint for your mojitos 8-). I learned that the hotel (Ibero Playa Alameda) is FULL all next week.

This just in from our local weather office: 15 cm snow tomorrow night (Wednesday) followed by a -tother 15 cm… wait for it… Thursday.

Ohhhh the pain. Anybody know which saint controls snowfall? :stuck_out_tongue:

Your weather will be just fine in Cuba…always is if isn’t snowing. :slight_smile:

Just remember NO SMOKING on the plane: :):):):):slight_smile: