Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Wedding at Barcelo Punta Cana

Hi There,

My sister is planning her wedding at the Barcelo Punta Cana for February 15, 2011. Just wondering if anyone has been married there, or attended a wedding there, and can offer any ideas/tips/reviews??? Counting down the days!!!

Thanks,
Leanne

We are looking at staying at the Barcleo Punta Cana but we are having our wedding and reception aboard La Barcaza in April 2011. We are looking at this hotel as it is great for children with the large swim and play area with the pirate ship, slides etc. I would imagine alot of families stay at this hotel.

Hi There,

Well I think we can help you with this. We have representatives in the Dominican Republic and we can handle all the logistics involved to supply what you need as wedding favors/gifts for the wedding. Traditionally, the Faceless Doll is very popular or the coconut shell butterfly. we would be happy to discuss your needs. we deliver to any resort in the Dominican Republic. we also have a contact that can handle all your requirements to cater your wedding if need be. You can visit our website to see what we carry. And as I said we have representatives that can take care of all your needs there. Our website is dominicancreations.com.

We have handled weddings and corporate events at resorts there.

Regards,

Esmirna Lopez

quote author=newfiegirl22 board=wedding thread=13671 post=119984 time=1277240895]Hi There,

My sister is planning her wedding at the Barcelo Punta Cana for February 15, 2011. Just wondering if anyone has been married there, or attended a wedding there, and can offer any ideas/tips/reviews??? Counting down the days!!!

Thanks,
Leanne[/quote]

Link does not work, might be considered advertising also!

Unfortunately it is, so I removed the link, but I left enough that it’s easy to figure out what it is. Commercial advertising is against the board terms and conditions, so we can’t leave it. But feel free to use PM messages.

Hi,

Congratulations on your sister’s wedding. As for the Barcelo Resort wedding, I just want to submit my two cents worth as the owner of a destination wedding and honeymoon company for the past 13 years. Just so you know the background to my comments.

Nothing to your sister’s day, but to the other couple looking. I would look elsewhere, especially with the kids. There are better programs with trained people who’s job is to only be at the Kids Club. You have anyone of the Dreams Resorts there, the closest would be Dreams Palm Beach. Their staff is Red Cross trained, which is a comfort to the kids because allot of hotels just rotate people into the Kids Club. So one person could be working the pool games one day, than in the Kids Club painting the next. Another resort with a great pool area for kids is the Moon Palace or Hard Rock Moon Palace (name change coming out shortly). Both of these resort chains offer an excellent wedding program, plus allow you to work with them even if you are having the ceremony outside.

I had a couple just recently who had their wedding on the boat, but they only did the ceremony there. Then they came back to the resort for the rest. They used the resort’s wedding package for the flowers, then came back to use the cocktail party and wedding dinner.

As for the Barcelo Resorts we do not use them anymore because of problems that we have had with them in the past. It seems the Punta Cana resort has had rotating wedding planners, missed information and questionable quality features for the wedding. We will book them if the couple has to have them so we do keep up but the last comment I see on file for us regarding them is browned lilies and roses, rude staff.

I hope this helps! Best wishes on your search for that special day!

Lindsay
President
Weddings on the go!