Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Welcome back Shirleyujest

Just wanted to say welcome back to the land of cold and wet and ice and snow,okay , that’s it !
Where is my travel books and websites and ,
"HONEY , WHERE IS MY VISA CARD ??? "

( Old frozen fargin’ tundra proverb )
May you have brought some of the beach with you
upon your return to your home and hearth,
Put it upon the mantle of your living room
And count the seconds until you can get the H#LL back there !

:slight_smile: Thank you for the welcome back! :sunglasses:

Had a pretty good trip - it wasn’t the way we usually travel - travelling with a 16 month old certainly has it’s challenges and not for the faint of heart. :wink:

The resort is huge, beautiful, clean and well manicured. The food was great and the staff were awesome! We have no complaints about the resort at all. :smiley:

Having said that, though, “been there, done that, and don’t need to go back any time soon”. :-*

glad you had a great trip. yes travelling with a little one isn’t for everyone, it’s a very different vacation… :slight_smile: We are off in a month now and getting very excited!!!

Welcome back SUJ glad to hear you liked the resort looking forward to hearing a few more details about the resort and the amenities, best parts of the beach, bars, things to do, places to see and any info on the renovations on the Beach side.

[quote=@shirleyujest] :slight_smile: Thank you for the welcome back! :sunglasses:

Had a pretty good trip - it wasn’t the way we usually travel - travelling with a 16 month old certainly has it’s challenges and not for the faint of heart. :wink:

The resort is huge, beautiful, clean and well manicured. The food was great and the staff were awesome! We have no complaints about the resort at all. :smiley:

Having said that, though, “been there, done that, and don’t need to go back any time soon”. :-*[/quote]

OMG…what took you so long to get it up?
Woops, did I think that out loud? I was talking about the extra ticky thingy already…jeezzz some people, eh.
Welcome back old girl…not going to say “we missed you”…but I will say “they” missed you…not me, I didn’t even notice you were gone…did you go somewhere, were you gone for a while?
Yeah the traveling with a “little person” can weigh big time on the “fun factor”, but it is also part of what we do for others…(right?).

Jake, eh

:slight_smile: lin04 - I can feel your excitement! You are already a “seasoned” traveller with a little one so you know what to expect.

We really took this trip for our “kids” so it was all about them. We had fun, none-the-less, and the Barcelo is a great family resort. My review should be up soon. :-*

" We " have never travelled to the beaches with little ones.
But my wife has to put up with a kid every time we go away !

Welcome back SUJ, I see you enjoyed the resort as much as we did ;D, I completely agree with Been there Done that though ;D
Jemik

[quote=@shirleyujest] :slight_smile: Thank you for the welcome back! :sunglasses:

[/quote]

Well I have to ask…“was this 16 month old much of a drinker :P, or did ya’ll leave a few drinks for those who shall follow”?
More impotantly, is there “anything beind our special tree ;)”?

Jake, eh

;D ;D

Welcome back girlie. Hope you had a good time. Can’t wait to see the photos.

Deputy ;D

Welcome back Shirley. I haven’t been in this forum very much but in the other two you know about. You have been a very wise woman with tons of info about several destinations. Thank you so very much.
Ashley

:slight_smile: The 16 month old let me do all the drinking ;D. And I tried everything on the menu (the drink menu). A week wasn’t long enough to find the"right fit" :’(.

I steered away from your “special tree”, Jake. I seen what that there stuff dun did to youse". ;)…

Looking back on it (and being at work and experiencing our famous Wet Coast weather :P), we really did enjoy our trip.

Having said that, Beau and I need our Cuba fix so it’s onward and upward. :-*

Glad to hear you put that 16month old right in its place shirleyujest, we have to keep them from taking over if we can. I really hope that after two weeks, we will manage to find the right fit, even if it kills one of us (knowing my luck I really shouldn’t put that thought out there) :o.
You were prolly just as well off staying away from “that tree”, many good people have never come back from there…it has special powers. Others should be careful too, I have them hidden all over the Riviera…you’ll know if you get too close to one, you will feel light headed and a little dizzy, then have the urge to do things you’d never think of, unless you have gotten too close to a Jake-a-liptose tree before.
I know the reality of being home kind of sucks, but the thoughts you have of your next trip will wash the other feelings away pretty fast. Plus, you get to play with your “tickey thingy” more this way ;).
Glad to hear you had a gooder trip and (almost) everything went according to plan. I too am looking forward to any pictures you may have to share. Hope you didn’t borrow VCCs’ camera, he’s still not over that one yet.

Jake, eh

:slight_smile: Thank you Ashley. That is a wonderful compliment coming from some who’s opinion I regard highly. :-*

[quote=@jake]I too am looking forward to any pictures you may have to share. Hope you didn’t borrow VCCs’ camera, he’s still not over that one yet.

Jake, eh[/quote]

More to that story.
All my pics didn’t turn out.
I went back to Future shop , and guess what ?
They have a 14 day return for cash policy and after that time it is exchange only. I got back that 17 days after I had bought it.
Mr. store manager guy tells me that they send it away to be repaired. I was calm ( for the first 10 minutes ) and explained that I do not want this ^%#$#&()^&%# thing back !
I want a diferent camera and an underwater case.
" This is not our policy " I am told . I told him that I got to within 10 feet of a huge sea turtle swimming around and that I thought
" It would sure would be nice TO HAVE A FREAKIN" CAMERA RIGHT ABOUT NOW< OH YEA , THATS RIGHT , I BOUGHT ONE BUT IT IS A PIECE OF S%*T ".
So after a few more exchanges of viewpoints both pro and con ,
a couple of guys walk up to us and Mr. manager guy goes away to do whatever, (laugh or cry , I am not sure ).
The guys that walked up tell me that they can’t believe what I am saying because they got to " test out " this camera and they tell me that they literally beat the h3ll out of a couple of them and then put them in water for an hour and the things worked fine.
They said in the 9 months that this model has been out and the 50 or so that have been sold at their store , that mine is the only one to come back.
Mr. manager comes back and we go to the camera desk and take out a new one , and he tells me that he feels bad and says " this is the best I can do , and gives me a couple of 4 MB micro sd cards ". So , it looks like the choice is either send my camera to the outer limits of the 4 th ring of Saturn and wait until the end of time for it to come back , or , take the offer.
So now I have another brand new SW 1030 Olypmus again.
I told him our next trip is to Cuba , and that if anything happens to this one that I will be back , and not calm for the first 10 minutes.
If that happens , I will PM the Deputy and tell her that I have found a terrorist cell and to alert Homeland Security.
So far I have left the camera in a bucket for a couple of hours and it works fine.
We shall see.

Ms. Shirley your making me blush. Thank you but you have been the one that has been so helpful to so many in all the forums not just this one

:o

hey if you need my services let me know. I would be happy to oblige.

I woulda told the sales person…if he doesn’t get his poop in a pile it was going to be on like donkey Kong.

The customer is always right.

Deputy

We are going to take a back-up camera in case but that kinda cheeses me off.
We are looking forward to Cuba and if it don’t work , Mr manager better have some KY jelly with him.