Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Westjet planes

Hi! just received our tickets for our trip. We booked through Transat Holidays and it shows we are booked on a Westjet flight. Can anyone comment on the size of the plane. My husband and I are at odds. I checked their web site and it shows 3 sizes with seating from 119 to 166, he says the planes are bigger. Any help greatly appreciated.

We just returned from an Air Transat holiday and we flew out of Ottawa on WestJet. We were thrilled when we heard this.

WestJet seats have more leg room than a lot of the other airlines. They have satellite tv screens right in front of you (located in the back of the seat in front of you) and the flight crew are the best! So very friendly and helpful.

We love flying WestJet and it was a real bonus to us when we find out we would be flying with them once again!

You can’t go wrong.

If you go to their website, you should be able to see the configuration of the planes. Our plane held 119 passengers.

Westjet is the best charter airline to fly with!!! Lots of legroom and the flight crews are great…

Have to agree - after our first Westjet experience, we wished EVERY trip could be with them! The other charters could take a lot of lessons from them!

Thanks, Looking forward to our trip and now I know the flight will be good as well. Normally we are packed in like sardines!!

I am looking forward to flying with them as well…1 month today woohoo ::slight_smile:

You will not be disappointed by flying with WJ. Nice comfortable seats, lots of leg room and a wonderful staff to look after you. Just the best IMHO

Just came across this article where Transat is terminating its agreement with WestJet in May.
Here is the link.
http://www.google.com/hostednews/canadianpress/article/ALeqM5ie0wP0MakwWnSI7yLu7fE6Hwmxqw

Flying with Westjet to PUJ this week and chose them as we were with Transat last yearand flew on a Westjet charter and were so impressed that we chose to fly with Westjet vacations this year.

Steve

We recent flew with Westjet from Ottawa to Puerto Plata using their regular service and were very pleased. Flights left on time and arrive early each time at the destination. Service onboard was excellent. Only freebees were soft drinks, coffee, tea, cookies and pretzels. We got in on a fantastic seat sale. Only drawback was having to change planes in Toronto. There’s no duty free during the flight.

Good to hear there is lots of leg room on Westjet. We always choose them when travelling within Canada. The other carriers sure could take a lesson from Westjet.

23 more days 'till edenH!!!

this is our 5th year to Punta Cana and only had to use Sky Squish once.West jet is a relief after using them ;D

siete mas dias mi amigo’s

I deliberately booked our hotel & airline separately so we would be flying with West Jet. I have used them for several years in trans-Canada flights and I have to say that no other airline I have flown with since Wardair can match their service. You have plenty of leg room and the flight crew are very motivated to keep you happy as they all own a share of the airline. It makes for top-notch customer service and a great flight experience. I give them a double thumbs-up enthusiastic endorsement!

Storm :sunglasses:

[quote=@phil2008]Just came across this article where Transat is terminating its agreement with WestJet in May.
Here is the link.
http://www.google.com/hostednews/canadianpress/article/ALeqM5ie0wP0MakwWnSI7yLu7fE6Hwmxqw[/quote]

If I remember correctly…those are small planes. I used them once or twice as they were cheap for flights in Canada…don’t know about a 4 or 5 hour flight south on them…hmmm.

monctonguy

For me the size of the plane doesnt really matter. When you get your luggage there area lot less people getting there luggage and when people go to the buses the TO"s do not put on extra staff to direct people to the right bus for their resort.

Just my two cents but the goods outweigh the negatives. Give me legroom and comfort anyday.

Steve

[quote=@steeve]monctonguy

For me the size of the plane doesnt really matter. When you get your luggage there area lot less people getting there luggage and when people go to the buses the TO"s do not put on extra staff to direct people to the right bus for their resort.

Just my two cents but the goods outweigh the negatives. Give me legroom and comfort anyday.

Steve[/quote]

So you do prefer Canjet cause theres less people??..or you like the bigger planes with more room and comfort?

Monctonguy

The post is about Westjet planes and since I have not personally flown Canjet I can’t say about there planes but I can talk about the Boeing 737-800 that Westjet flies under charter to Air Transat.

The legroom is a lot better on the Westjet planes compared to Air transat or Sky Squish Economy class.

Weight for Westjet is more then on Air Transat planes.

Give me any size plane with more legroom and more perks and you have my vote.

Stillcaper you will have a great flight with Westjet and it is only a four hour flight.

Steve

Understood…your first post confused me…sounded like you were saying you didnt care about the size, that you prefered smaller as there are less people and less luggage, yet you said you liked more legroom…

Anyways…I am sure Canjet will be less room…so I am hoping to be able to fly on the actual Air Transat planes

119 or 166… ? really…whats the diff ?? 6 seats across either way… just not as many rows… We flew West Jet out of Hamilton in January… Delayed an hour on departure due to snow on the runway… (did they just find out we were flying out ? ).
Had an hour delay coming back to… BUT.not WestJet’s fault… There was a passenger who was very ill. and had to be taken off plane and to the hospital… it took a while to find their luggage.
Honestly , i really didnt see any difference in the leg room between West Jet and the other airlines… Maybe it was the size of the plane… ( bout 130 people).
BUT… I will still fly West Jet over any other airline… service was great… in spite of one of the laziest flight attendants ive ever seen… (and ive been to DR about 10 times). She was visibly hung over, and pretty much sat in her seat at front of plane for 50% of the trip.

bonVoyage
Gary

Can anyone tell me if small pillows or blankets are available on the plane to buy or use? Or should I bring them from home?
thanks