Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

What happened to this

This used to be the forum I went to to get info, to talk to other Cuba travelers, and to ask questions
What happened?
Hardly any new posts, very little traffic.

Not a lot of new questions lately. Maybe we need to drive some traffic here.

Yeah, I’ve been wondering the same. Maybe now that it’s “prime time” Jan. to Feb. there will be more. Certainly has been shooting blanks lately !

Well I was on another forum, and couldn’t keep my topic on the front page.
I know there was lots of mod problems but I didn’t expect it to come to this

Basically, some are still here. Some are gone. Some just sit back and read.

Not a huge poster but have been reading and contributing a little for years, but IMHO “Moderated to death”. I think regular posters will pop in and read but with the posting rules and deleted posts many just got to the point where they just don’t bother to post any more. Sadly it appears to be the beginning of the end.

I have to be in fully agree 100% with SharonAnn on this. The Forum’s revamp was not as friendly to the user and then the somewhat reversal and the banning of certain vocal, but reputable posters and the IMHO the moderators lack, of allowing banter and open replies, or humour. And the HUGE amount of pinned items that take up almost a full viewing page.

Same sentiment here. I run into the same thing on tripadvisor. Trying to post a review then having it removed a few weeks later, repost, remove, repost until it finally meets the mods acceptance. People don’t have that kind of time to waste.

agreed, it’s not like we are getting paid

Granted, there is a lot more activity on TA, but much of it isn’t worth your time. Also, this year there doesn’t seem to be very much of interest happening, or perhaps it’s just me. BTW, Shouldn’t this thread be in “Under the Palapa”? (no, I’m not bucking for a mod job!)

I’ve was away from the board for quite a lot of time last year so I haven’t experienced much of what people are talking about in this thread.

Like eeeefarm says, plenty of activity on TA and other boards, but some of the people posting in other places I have to question their intelligence, and their fear of using Google.

I actually saw someone ask if it snowed in Cuba, and I’ve seen questions about Walmarts in Cuba, and Cineplex theatres, and the iStore, and it goes on, and on, and on.

You’re right, eeeefarm, this should be “under the palapa” and, chancing being accused of over moderating, I’ve moved it :wink:

moving this is almost question answered to the OP. It might belong in under the palapa
but the poster put it on the more active thread to get their question answered and stir up interest.

In case anyone is interested, since the revamp of the forum, I finally got a link to show only the most recent posts for Debbies. Sometimes the results are a bit jumbled because they are in order of date, not thread, but if you check in daily, it’s a huge help so you don’t miss a post in another subject.
http://debbiesreviews.proboards.com/posts/recent

And there you have it.  Finally something getting a few postings and stirring a little bit of interest and the clean up crew come in to sterilize it.

Here is a link like the one dax mentioned. Should get you the latest posts.
http://debbiesreviews.proboards.com/posts/recent

I see what you all mean, is this some kind of joke

I can’t speak for eeefarm but never thought of her as the clean-up crew. Maybe for barns, LOL.
Under the Palapa was set up so discussions could be more open.
We all know what it’s like on another forum to be 30 posts in and the thread gets closed because of a little light hearted banter.

I think this forum might be better served without all the categories. One big forum and lots of threads. Just a thought. For example, I ended up bookmarking the whole Cuba forum on TA because I was following, CSM, CC, Varadero plus wanting to go to Santiago or CL. What a mess but I can catch the threads that have nay interest more easily. When I do a ‘recent posts’ here, it’s the same thing.
Light hearted, light headed and enlightened posts are the best kind.

[quote=@spunky]I can’t speak for eeefarm but never thought of her as the clean-up crew. Maybe for barns, LOL.
Under the Palapa was set up so discussions could be more open.
We all know what it’s like on another forum to be 30 posts in and the thread gets closed because of a little light hearted banter.[/quote]
I mentioned it simply because I thought it might be called as inappropriate on the general Cuba board. Personally I don’t give a rat’s patootie where it is, and I agree we have a lot of categories for an inactive forum. But it is easy enough to check for new posts, which I do most days to see if there is anything current that is of interest to me.

And by the way, it is four not three. eeeefarm. 3 eee doesn’t work. “For ease” is the meaning. :smiley: