Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

What is the beach like at Riu turquesa

What is the beach area like a Riu Turquesa?  is there good snorkelling?

Hello hermit. Are you talking about Riu Turquesa in Holguin? Beach is very nice but I am not sure about snorkelling but many of our members do snorkeling and they will be able to tell you more about snorkeling. anyway welcome to Debbie’s Caribbean Resort Reviews Forums.
When do you plan to go Riu Turquesa?

We have been to Playa Turquesa and we are also very avid snorkelers. In my humble opinion, the snorkeling off the beach at this resort is just so-so.

The water is quite shallow for a long way out so taking a pedal boat out to the reef formations is a good option. The corals were not as healthy as we expected and you’ll find the reef area more easily at low tide when some of the tops are slightly exposed. The variety and abundance of fish is nowhere near as impressive as it is at Jibacoa but you will see some fish.

The beach at Turquesa is quite private as it is the only resort there. I agree with everything that YVRck has posted. It is a fair way out to see anything much while snorkelling at Turquesa. There is a little section of coral about 750 metres out a little to the right of the hobycat area that has some interesting fish and you can get the guys to drop you off there, if you don’t want to swim it or chase the pedal boat. However it is only a 10 minute taxi ride to Playa Pesquero and they will drop you off right in front of the dive shop at the Blau end and pick you up there. We did that the last time we were at Turquesa, so got to snorkel both beaches.