Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

What resort is better?

???Oasis cayo Coco, Blau Colonial, NH Crystal Laguna or Oasis Varadero 1920 ??? Need help!

Resort-wise, they are all very nice. You need to decide if you want to vacation in Cayo Coco, which is an island connected to the mainland by a landbridge and surrounded by nature or in Varadero, which has the reputation of the most beautiful and longest beach in Cuba with the more opportunity to shop at the Americas shopping centre or downtown old Varadero with its charming markets. Varadero is more “touristy” with over 60 hotels stretched along the 20 km Hicacos peninsula. The Oasis, Blau, NH Kyrstal on Cayo Coco is much more quiet…a true relaxing, beach vacation. Varadero is only 2 hours drive to Havana for a day excursion; Cayo Coco is by plane and overnight so more expensive. I’ve been to both Varadero and stayed at the NH Krystal in 2007. I prefer the Cayos but that’s more my kind of vacation…quiet, nature, nice beaches but more isolated from the “real Cuba”. It depends on how you want to spend your holiday time.

:slight_smile: “Better” in what way? :-*

I’m just wondering which one would be better for 2 families with young kids…aged 2-10??? From the pictures Oasis cayo coco looks kind of barren…is this true?? What are the pools like there?? What is the general service like? We are looking to kick back and relax with our kids. We don’t care whether we leave the resort. Would this resort be better for us than Blau colonial or NH Krystal laguna?

You might get more opinions on the Cuba forum. I’ve been to NH Crystal when it was El Senador…it’s very big, lots of walking. Maybe not so good with young kids. Blau is nice, or you might consider Tryp. My friends stayed at Oasis Playa Coco…the beach is nice and the water is shallow…check out the reviews for more info…

Personally I love the beaches in Cayo Coco… nicest beaches I’ve seen. White sand that is more comfortable (in my opinion) to walk in than the browner sand by Veradero (stayed at the Tryp there… beautiful resort). Punta Cana beaches are nice too in Dominican…