Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

What to do in Puerto Plata

Just booked at the Iberostar Costa dorada, First time this close to this city in years. Where do I go for an awesome meal off resort? Any recomenndations?

Across the street not far from your resort , “Cafe Cito”.

P.S. They have a website, just google it.

We also would reccomend Cafe Cito , Tim Hall is a wonderful host & the meals there are great . Also check out his Pub crawl , we go every year , a great way to experience the nightlife .
Cheers Bouquet

Thanks. What’s the house specialties, Steak Lobster?
Whats the Pub Crawl?

Hi mrajmrajw,
Like kevswick says , they have a website & I think that their menu is there . There is also a link to the pub crawl tour as well . You are picked up in an air conditioned bus @ your hotel around 5pm ish . All drinks on the bus are included , as is your meal @ the cafe cito . You go to catch the sunset @ the old fort ruins , then off to a Dominican car wash (it’s what they do!) after that it’s supper @ the cafe cito, around 9 9:30 you are in Sosua for bars & dancing, then head off to Cabarete for more bars on the beach & partying , they have you back to the resort around 12:30 but I have seen us land @ 2a.m. :slight_smile: All depends on the crowd I think ? I see on the website it is $55 us this year up a lil bit but lots of fun & the Guides are great! Our Bus Driver last year ! Man could he Dance Aiiiiiiiiie! Carumba!
Hope that Helps Cheers Bouquet