Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

What to expect for the Christmas holiday?

Just booked my third trip to Majestic Colonial for the week of Christmas. Can anyone tell me what to expect as far as celebrations go? (Special meals, beach party, mass, activities, shows, entertainment, etc.) I don’t want to get my hopes up for something special if the resorts don’t make a big deal of celebrating. Thanks!

Felicia

Hi, I’m at the Majestic Colonial right now. I don’t know about Christmas week but I have to say I was somewhat disappointed that there is not at least a Christmas tree in the lobby. I was planning on a photo of the tree for our card this year.

Our transport van dropped off customers at the Ocean Blue and that lobby was so festive for the holiday.

Now I have not been up to main lobby in 2 days so I will check it out tomorrow and post any change.

But with this view from our room I’m very satisfied.

There is a very nice small (about 15’ x 20’) chapel on the grounds at the majestic…probably sits about 25-30 people when full. Weekly Catholic mass was held at 6:00 pm on Saturday evenings. Although I do not know for sure…I would presume that they may arrange for the priest to hold misa on Christmas Eve or Christmas morning.

the staff has started to decorate for Christmas here at the Majestic Colonial
tree went up this morning
have a wonderful vacation

Wintkat,
Thank you for taking the time to post during your vacation. I’m counting down the minutes! Hope you are having a fabulous time!!!

Felicia

here’s updated Christmas tree photo, with all the trimmings and lights
we’re headed home today after a wonderful week
looking to plan another vacation here

also FYI I brought along my own laptop and approx 15’ ethernet cord for room internet access at $10 US per 24 hours and so glad I did
I like to be connected, also brought along an extension cord
If you plan on bringing your own computer I would also suggest your own ethernet cord as the ones I saw that the hotel provides are very short and will limit your comfort level in your room
my 15’ allowed being able to sit on the couch or patio with ease