Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Where to go next?

Hi all
Last fall I posted a question about an older male (me ) travelling to Cuba alone and not wanting to seem strange. I got lots of good advice and followed it. I went to Veradero and enjoyed myself a lot. I stayed at Arenas Blancas so I could enjoy a fabulous beach and also walk all over town which I did everyday. I want to go again in January and my research indicates that the weather in V. in januray can be “iffy”. So I am thinking Santiago or Cienfuegos which are both on the Carribbean side though Santiago is further south. Any advice or suggestions? Again, I like the beach and being able to go for long “town” walks and talking to people. I like good food and a little drink but night life not important.
Thanks again in advance!

I’d go for Santiago. The town itself is beautiful and there are lots of things to do.

If you like long walks on the beach there is none better than the beaches of Cayo Largo. I believe the weather there is usually good in Jan. We found the food there really good for Cuba. Small resorts so easy to meet people.

if you go to wunderground.com and click on trip planner, you will get historical weather data to compare