Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Where to go with Teenagers on March Break

We are hoping to take our 2 teenagers away on March break. They are 17 and 13. Does anyone have any suggestions of a good resort for teenagers. Someplace that is lots of fun for the kids and parents - but also well you know. a good spot so Mum doesn’t have to worry the whole trip??Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Melia Cayo Guillermo

Why that one? Have u stayed before?

yep we’ve taken our three kids for the last couple of years to Cuba, first to Melia Cayo Guillermo and then to Varadero, to Las Morlas. The MCG offers so much for them to do, the animation crew is out of this world! Jimmy is our favorite. Sometimes the MCG is a little more pricey than the rest but worth the extra bit.

We have stayed at Mercure Playa De Oro out on the penninsula.
We decided that would be better for the kids so they would not wonder away strolling around Varadero by themselves. It is 10 KM from town and would have to catch a bus to get to town.
There is plenty of activities for the kids and adults. The entertainment crew were non stop all day with beach activities, different dances to try at all different times of the day. Tennis courts, bikes, volleyball, paddle boat, kayake, etc…
The price was right as well. The resort is spaced out very nicely but not to big where you get lost. The buffett was really nice, 2 a-la-carte rest.
There is a bus you can take to town Varadero Beach Bus (on-off-bus) i think it is called. It costs $5 CUC per person and you can get on and off the bus as many times as you want the whole day. It runs from 9am to 9pm and is a must just to take in the scenary of Varadero and the penninsula.
We are booked here again for April as we have no problems with this place at all.
Good luck finding your resort, “Nolitours” seems to have the best rates. :sunglasses:

Is it the same as the Coralia Club Playa de oro Varadero? The reviews for that one aren’t great

Read the recent reviews for the Coralia Club carefully. Based on my experiences there a few years ago I will not likely return there and I wouldn’t recommend it for teenagers, but it’s been a while so things may be quiite different now.

My husband and I stated at the Iberostar Costa Dorada in the Dominican last year. This was our first stay at an Iberostar. We were impressed. We did not see alot of teens but it was the end of January so we figured that was why.
Has anyone stayed at the Iberostars in Cuba?