Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Which location is better for the $$?

Hi, having trouble deciding which side of Dom. Rep. to try. Punta Cana or Peurto Plata . Is the price range really varied between these two locations ? I have read that the beaches are nicer in Punta Cana but the price is higher.
Can someone give me some advise on an all inclusive suited for “family” that is about a three star rating. We love calm water, lots of nice pools and great local cuisine to try.
Thank you :slight_smile:

it all depends on you. punta cana has the white sandy beaches and POP is rougher aand brown sand. POP has alot more to do. there are a couple a towns close by,(sousa, caberate, ect…) I choose POP for my wedding because there is more for my wedding guest to do and it was cheaper. the beaches at Sousa are nice.

michelle

Agree with Michelle. POP is usually cheaper and there is more to do and see. Access for excursions like Ocean World are readily available and a great trip for the entire family. It is pricey but I believe well worth it. We stayed at Breezes POP and made use of the free shuttles into Sousa and Cabarete. Cabarete has a lovely beach that is much calmer than the one at the hotel. Sousa has a nice beach as well. Price was a factor in determining where we would stay while in the DR as well as activities and distance from the Airport. I did not want to spend hours on a bus. Wherever you choose I am sure you will enjoy your stay.