Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Which resort best for 18 yr old?

Planning a High School graduation trip to PC for my 18 yr old niece (will be my 4th trip). Narrowed the resort choices to Dreams, Ibero*Bavaro and Bahia PC. I personally prefer the Bahia chain in most countries but have never stayed at any of their DR locations.

Which of these do you prefer and why? She likes huge (really huge) resorts, great beach, lots of dining choices (wants Japanese hibachi if possible) and lots of activities and people in her age group.

All input is appreciated even if you have a different resort to recommend.

Thanks!!

We have been to Iberostar Bavaro 4 times and I would not say there are very many younger guests. We tend to travel in Dec. so maybe at other times it is different. We find mostly couples or extended families (mom, dad, kids, grandparents). While we have not stayed at Bahia Principe in Punta Cana, we have stayed at others in the chain (Puerto Plata, Mayan Riviera) and always find a really wide mix of guests there. Both are high quality chains in my opinion.

Thanks Bargo! Ditto on your opinion of the Bahia chain.

We have been to Dreams PC and Bahia Principe and Bahia is huge and Dreams is smaller with an awesome pool. Both have Japenese Hibachi…both times we went in April and would say beach is nicer at Bahia with more younger people there as well. Just my two cents…Both are very good resorts.

Bobroswill -

Thanks so much for your input - it really helps. As Bahia has the better beach and the company is a known entity for me it is currently winning - Besides the Bahia is the less expensive.

thanks again