Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

WYNDHAM COZUMEL RESORT & SPA info please

Hello

Myself and a small grpoup are thinking of booking the WYNDHAM COZUMEL RESORT & SPA for the end of April. Just looking for any inof on the resort. we are looking at the basic side, and wondering what the differences are between it and Sabor.

We just got back yesterday…
the difference is immense!
The basic room is just that…basic.
Small…either with 2 double beds or a king…bathroom…nothing special.
Our original room was like that…too small for 2 adults ,suitcases and SCUBA gear.
We also had no view what so ever.
With the basic room, you get the buffet and one night at the Italian restaurant.
The buffet is awful…limited selections and funny looking food that isn’t always labelled…
The buffet also runs out of things…it opens at 6 pm, and by 7;30, they had run out of turkeys ( there were 3 prepared!).
There is also only one outdoor bar…with opens at 10 am, and usually has a line up…expect to wait at least 10 minutes for your drink.
There is a grill area…which was good…but…the same person cooks your food that waits on you…so, again, prepare yourself for a wait…
The Sabor side is awesome…it has an Asian Fusion restaurant ( the best one there), and a funky outdoor bar area…private pools, slides from your room to the pools, swim up rooms…very special…and worth the upgrade…it has a private beach area as well.
The Sabor guests can enjoy all the Basic “perks”.
We upgraded to the Regency Club…the timeshare area…there we got a huge room, private pool, beach, and tiki bar…also a la carte dining for all meals…
Sabor also has separate check in and towels and concierge…just like Regency Club.
I am so glad we spent the extra money and upgraded …
I was well disappointed with the Basic Side.

Hi Rockk62,

I would not pay for Wyndam…I would go to Hotel Cozumel with or with out meals.

You are close to town and you can have a meal outside of the hotel if the buffet is no good.

The other options that is a bite more money are Melia to the north or El Cozumelenos

All inclusive and much better.

Have fun in the sun

Lyne

We are going to the Aura Wyndham beside the Wyndham resort and Spa.It is Adult couples only. Small, and from the pics on trip adviser beautiful!
We are leaving Feb 22 ,back on the 1st of March.I will let you know how it is!